- 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
About TechSherpas Boot Camps
TechSherpas’ boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Microsoft Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- 100% Test Pass Guarantee
- All course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Prometric Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
- Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available (Option 2)
This boot camp is intended for information technology (IT) Professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment, implement and configure Windows Server 2012 core services, such as Active Directory and the networking services, and administer the tasks required to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as user and group management, network access, and data security. The MCSA Windows Server 2012 is a prerequisite for those IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Desktop Infrastructure, Server Infrastructure, Private Cloud, Communications, Messaging, and SharePoint.
At Course Completion
After completing this boot camp, students will be able to:
- Deploy and Manage Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS Administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement File and Print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
- Configure and Troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Implement Network Access Protection
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Implement Update Managements
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
The MCSA: Windows Server 2012 boot camp is 9 days of an intense deep dive into every aspect of Windows Server 2012. This boot camp is the starting point for the Windows 2012 technology and also a prerequisite for the premier MCSE: Server Infrastructure & MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure Certifications. This boot camp program incorporates Microsoft Courses: 20410 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012; 20411 – Administering Windows Server 2012; and 20412 – Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. As part of this boot camp you will take three exams to test and certify for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 official certification. If your goal is to learn how to use Windows Server 2012 and pass the certification exam – this boot camp is for you.