If you have Microsoft products you will quickly see that regular updates are available to move your system along. This September, there are some major updates and service packs available through Windows Update. Here is what you should look out for, especially if you are a Microsoft Certified Professional.
Microsoft Certified Professional Employees Should Watch for these Product Updates
Windows 10 Updates
Windows 10 Version 1073 is the latest major update to Windows 10. They’ve labeled this the “Creators Update”. In this update the following changes have occurred:
- The Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer has been relabeled the Windows Configuration Designer. It is available in the Windows Store as an app.
- You can now create provisioning packages using the Windows Configuration Designer to enroll devices in the Azure Active Directory.
- You can now turn off Windows Spotlight on Action Center, and turn off the Windows Welcome Experience.
- Customized Start and taskbar layouts can be applied to devices using Windows 10 and Windows 10 Enterprise and Education.
- Cortana and Azure AD join forces for easier access and shared Cortana capabilities
- New features added to Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Small updates have been made to various aspects of Windows for Business
Windows 8 Updates
Windows 8.1 is the latest major update to Windows 8, and has been codenamed “Blue”. In this update, the following changes have occurred:
- The Start screen has many small new features, most notably an extended “All Apps” view. This view allows you to sort small and extra-large sizes for tiles. Additional customization options were also added.
- Tighter integration with windows-based cloud services
- Increased security, including a device encryption update
- Support for Workplace Join feautre
- Support for 3-D printing
Most Windows products will inform you of recent updates and allow you to update right from your computer. When was the last time you updated your Windows product or service? Let us know in the comments below!