REMOTE CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
TechSherpas has created a solution that blends traditional classroom instruction, multiple training locations, and the best-of-class conferencing technology - RCI. It was designed from inception to bring the benefits of traditional instructor-led training to convenient locations on a predictable schedule. We are the first training company to synchronize a class schedule over many sites and then blend traditional and Remote Classroom Instruction.
This new format allows us to greatly minimize class cancellations—over 90% of the students who register for a class with us are able to attend that training on the date and location as originally scheduled.
What to Expect in an RCI Class
An RCI class is hands-on, instructor-led training. Your workstation in the remote classroom will have the course software loaded and you will be provided with a copy of the official course manual and other materials for the course. The training is live and interactive.
You'll be able to:
- View the Instructor’s Presentation: Using Web conferencing, you can see the instructor’s desktop as he or she steps you through demonstrations or displays PowerPoint presentations.
- Listen and Participate: Using voice over IP (VOIP) technology, you can listen to the instructor and participate just as in a regular class.
- Get help from the Instructor: Remote Desktop software enables the instructor to access to your computer and view your desktop. Should you need it, the instructor can take control of your computer during the class to provide help.
- Have Face-to-Face Interaction: We didn’t forget the human touch. We've added web cameras to the classroom so you can view your instructor. And of course, if there are others attending at your location, you’ll be able to interact with those students.
How Does It Work?
You’re probably familiar with web conferencing software that lets you meet and collaborate with colleagues in different locations. The same kind of software is used in delivering our RCI classes. Internet conferencing technology lets you to see what is happening on the instructor’s PC as they demonstrate how to use the course software. It’s also used to transmit other aspects of the instructor’s presentation such as PowerPoint slides, whiteboard work, and the instructor’s image on the web camera.
Attend Class From Your Home or Office
In most circumstances, it's possible to attend one of our RCI classes from a location outside of our training centers such as your home or office. If participating from your home or office is right for you, we'll provide you with all the information you need to get set up for your class. Typical setup time is less than 20 minutes -- that's time you'll get back by not having to commute to the class!
Another major advantage of attending class from home is 24/7 access to class labs.
At a minimum, you'll need the following components:
- A computer running Windows; if available, an additional computer may be used so that you can see the broadcast of the instructor presentation alongside of the classroom image that you'll be working on to perform the exercises and labs
- A high speed Internet connection (DSL or faster)
- A hands-free headset with head piece and microphone or a standalone microphone and computer speakers
TEST MY PC CONNECTION
- Click Here.
- Type in Test
- Click on Lookup
- Click on step 1 if you do not have Microsoft Lync installed on your computer.
- Once you have installed Lync Attendee, click on step 2, to join the test meeting.
- Click Connect on step 3. Then, on the Gotomypc page, click “Connect” again.
- Click the “Launch” button.
- Enter Access Code: 1234abcd
- Done! If you have any problems whatsoever, please contact our operations department for further assistance.
(you might be asked to run “Citrix” please do so, it is necessary and will NOT harm your PC)